Would you like to learn more about scouting? You’re invited to Jefferson Elementary…
Wed., Sept. 16, 2015 @ 7 pm – Pack Party! Welcome Back.
Thurs., Sept. 17, 2015 @ 7 pm – Jefferson PTG Open House
The purpose of Scouting is to provide boys with an effective educational program to promote good citizenship, provide growth in religious strength and character, and to enhance development of their physical, mental, and emotional fitness. Scouting offers many experiences to help boys grow to be responsible, resourceful members of their community, country, and the world. And, of course, Scouting provides a LOT of fun in the process!!
Cub Scouting is a FAMILY program where parents, leaders and boys work together to achieve the following:
- Develops habits and attitudes of good citizenship.
- Encourage good sportsmanship and pride in growing strong minds and bodies.
- Improve understanding and communication within the family.
- Strengthen the ability to get along with other boys and respect other people.
- Influence the development of character and encourage spiritual growth.
- Foster a sense of personal achievement by developing new interests and skills.
- Show how to be helpful and to do one’s best.
- Prepare them to become Boy Scouts.
- Tiger Cubs: 1st grade
- Wolf: 2nd grade
- Bear: 3rd grade
- First-year Webelos: 4th grade
- Second-year Webelos: 5th grade
- Boy Scouts: age 10 1/2 & finished 5th grade, or 11 years old
Check out our calendar for upcoming meetings and events.
And visit Boy Scouts of America – Cub Scouts for more information.